The Minnesota Vikings have reversed course on Adrian Peterson, putting him on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list until his child-abuse case is resolved, which effectively bars him from all team activities, the team said in a news release early Wednesday morning.
"After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian," Vikings owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf said in a team news release. "We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization.
"We embrace our role -- and the responsibilities that go with it -- as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."
Matthew Emmons/USA TODAY SportsThe Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list until his child-abuse case is resolved, which effectively bars him from all team activities, the team said.
Peterson was indicted last week in Montgomery County, Texas, on a count of reckless or negligent injury to a child. The charges stem from a whipping incident that reportedly left bruises and wounds to much of his 4-year-old son.
Peterson was also accused in 2013 of injuring another of his 4-year-old sons through a different mother in Texas, though charges were never brought. Those allegations were reportedly filed to the state's Child Protective Services agency, according to Houston CBS affiliate KHOU.
The Vikings reinstated Peterson on Monday, citing concern for due process and the legal proceedings before further discussions on Monday and Tuesday with the league warranted Wednesday morning's reversal.
Peterson had been deactivated for the Vikings' Week 2 game against the New England Patriots after the indictment was made public.
"While we were trying to make a balanced decision yesterday, after further reflection we have concluded that this resolution is best for the Vikings and for Adrian," the Vikings' statement said. "We want to be clear: we have a strong stance regarding the protection and welfare of children, and we want to be sure we get this right. At the same time we want to express our support for Adrian and acknowledge his seven-plus years of outstanding commitment to this organization and this community.
"Adrian emphasized his desire to avoid further distraction to his teammates and coaches while focusing on his current situation; this resolution accomplishes these objectives as well. We will support Adrian during this legal and personal process, but we firmly believe and realize this is the right decision. We hope that all of our fans can respect the process that we have gone through to reach this final decision."
Sometimes, it's not really clear what Elisabeth Hasselbeck is thinking...
In a tweet yesterday, she managed to wrap three scandals together: the one involivng Ray Rice and the NFL; the one involving the assualt on the US Embassy in Benghazi; and the one involving the IRS's alleged targeting of conservative groups.
It's been over 50 years since singing legend Barbra Streisand has made an appearance on an American talk show. So it makes perfect sense that Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show turned the entire show over to her on Monday night.
Barbra was promoting her new album, "Partners," which was released commercially yesterday. It features Babs singing with other legends like Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Michael Buble, and thanks to some major studio magic, Elvis Presley.
None of them were available to sing with her on The Tonight Show, so Jimmy stepped in...
His Elvis needs a little work, his Blake Shelton sort of worked, and his Buble was passable, especially at the end.
But Babs was spectacular. Here's hoping she doesn't wait another 50 years to return.
Beyonce and Jay Z have wrapped up their On The Run Tour, so now they're releasing a series of three short films titled "Bang Bang." The first one came out yesterday.
If you saw the tour in person, you've already seen the three films strung together. If not (like most of us!), the three shorts are meant to pique our interest ahead of HBO's release of the On The Run concert film on September 20.
If nothing else, these two are brilliant marketers.
As for the short... Well, there's no dialogue. It's shot in black-and-white. Somebody shoots a mailbox, Jay Z puts his cigar out in a diner patron's hamburger. And Beyonce sort of looks like Faye Dunaway in a couple of shots. Oh, and the background music sounds like a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.
Don't expect any Oscars for this one. But it will do the trick - keeping people talking about BeyZee.
One more thing the world needs: another celebrity sextape.
Although Iggy Azalea seems to be trying to stop the tape from seeing the light of day, her ex-boyfriend is pretty smart and is finding ways around the system so the world can see those cakes.
TMZ is reporting that Iggy signed her rights away to him back in 2009-meaning he can legally release the video.
"Hefe Wine says Iggy signed a lengthy agreement with him in 2009 — obtained by TMZ — which gives him exclusive rights to "manufacture, sell, distribute and advertise 'any' recording embodying visual images."
Iggy signed the contract to cut records and music videos, but Wine believes all he has to do is put a music bed under the sex tape which he claims would then give him exclusive rights to sell it.
In other words, he believes Iggy has no legal ability to block a sex tape if he wants to sell it.
What's more … the contract provides that Wine has the legal right to create, host and maintain a website to market Iggy's works, so he believes he could create a website which would host the video," TMZ reports.
Poor Igg. I wonder when females will learn that you can't do the do and let em' catch ya on film, it'll come back to haunt you…