Earlier today (January 6), it was announced that the new 2012 Dodge Charger, which is set for release in the first quarter of this year, will include an exclusive Beats By Dre audio system.
This marks the second time Dr. Dre has collaborated with Chrysler – the first being last year’s Chrysler 300 models.
Next week, the new Dodge Charger will make an appearance at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit before hitting the floor at a dealership near you.
President and CEO of Dodge, Reid Bigland, confirmed by saying, “Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine have built their careers on revolutionary and forward thinking decisions that formulate trends in music, popular culture and technology.”
He continued, “our goal in partnering with Beats by Dr. Dre is to integrate their recording-studio quality audio experience for our Charger enthusiasts to feel and hear their favorite music as it was intended – all while heightening the street performance and technology assets of the new 2012 Dodge Charger.”
The audio system is set to include the following:
- Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
- Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear doors
- Two 6 x 9-inch front-door woofers provide bass
- Two 6 x 9-inch speakers and a center-mounted 8-inch speaker located in the rear-shelf area provide full-range audio
- An 8-inch Beats Audio trunk-mounted dual-voice coil subwoofer with sealed enclosure delivers tight, powerful, punchy bass
The rapper, producer, and all-around mogul has been expanding the Beats By Dre imprint alongside Interscope Records chairman Jimmy Iovine since its inception in 2008.
Last summer, electronics manufacturer HTC claimed a 51 percent stake in the rapidly growing company, with a $300 million investment.